OPPORTUNTIES AND THREATS
Regarding getting into the Canadian market effectively with Douwe Egbert's new product: Grannie Annie's hot candy milk.
A SWOT-analysis (strength, disadvantages, opportunities, threats) is an analysis based upon strength and weaknesses using one side, and opportunities and threats on the other side, choices are created. A SWOT-analysis can be used possibly internal or perhaps external. The two analyses together can be put together as a situational analysis. The results of this examination can be the input of the SWOT-analysis.
- Seeing that there is a chilly climate canada, the demand for hot drinks is high compared to every other drink, bringing about a high require. - Canada's stable economy
- The favorable financial point out of Douwe Egberts could be an advantage within the competitors. -- The powerful distribution approaches.
- Good quality product.
-- Good customer relationship administration.
- Canada-European Free Transact Association Totally free Trade Contract, this contract is geared towards eliminating most tariffs upon goods.
- Profitability may suffer because of strong competition in the Canadian market. -- Long division channels (especially to Canada)
-- Outplay other coffee brands by introducing special items like Grannie Annie's. -- Extend manufacturer product line with other goods for non-coffee drinkers - Build fresh coffee properties on tactical points
-- Create brand loyalty by looking into making sure buyers get the experience needed coming from drinking Grannie Annie's - Keep producing new products for customers
- Choose clear target group. (Starbucks aims for couples age 25-54 with children, who have tend to dedicate more about non-alcoholic beverages outdoors) -- Douwe Egberts should not duplicate the approach of competitor's but generate something exceptional.
- Competition of businesses who are on the Canadian Marketplace (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, B, Burger King). - Deficiency of advertisement
- Changing prices in Caffeine market